Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm NOT ready for an empty nest!

I just took my girls to the airport this morning, put them on a plane and sent them to my mom in Tampa. This is their first time to fly (Katelyn flew when she was 2--that doesn't count), and so there was quite a mixture of nerves and excitement! I cannot describe the feeling I had as I watched that plane back out, taxi down the runway and take off. I was NOT ok! It was a beautiful day, though, and we were able to watch the plane for a long time. The girls, on the other hand, relaxed, got acclimated to their surroundings and enjoyed their flight. To my great relief, Mom was able to get past security and meet them at the gate. Whew! It sure has been quiet around here. Since we homeschool, and are together 24/7, this abrupt separation has been a little disconcerting!

Our girls add so much life and laughter to our home, but their grandparents don't get to enjoy their vivaciousness near often enough. I try to share their chirpiness, but so much enjoyment comes from the "spur of the moment" humor. Mom and Dad are in for a real treat. They have a lot of fun things to do on the agenda. I think they are going to go hear the Perry's, meet new friends, go to the zoo, go swimming (hopefully!). Then when we finally arrive next Tuesday, we are going to end up at Sea Breeze Camp in Hobe Sound. And to all of this I will add--"the Lord willing!"

I believe when we fully enjoy life and the company of our loved ones, the Lord is pleased. He so graciously smiles upon us, and we know that the pleasantries of life come from His hand. We focus a lot on taking comfort that our trials are monitored by God, but I like to think that when we receive blessings like we have enjoyed lately, they are also a direct result of His watch care over us. We have enjoyed the company of our friends, good health, plenty of food, a warm, dry place to call home with many comforts, a lovely place to worship, a wealth of friends that surround us with their prayers, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. So, even though I am missing my girls, my heart is full because of the many tender mercies of my loving heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment