Monday, July 13, 2009

And sew on and sew forth....

The girls and I had a fun week last week. Full of "random" moments! (My girls are all about "random" these days.) We were invited by our friends, Carmelita and Marie Turner to join them in Kentucky. They were on a marathon of sewing bridesmaids' dresses for Marie's wedding. Well, since I love to sew, and I love Carmelita and Marie, and I love Grandma Jolly, (at whose house we were meeting) we headed out. We had a great time cutting, sewing, laughing and enjoying each other's company. Some of the sewing team headed out to go shoe shopping--such an integral part of being a seamstress!! I was happy to provide the entertainment for the week, but since I'm modest and don't like to call attention to myself, I'll let Carmelita or Marie tell you what was so hilariously funny. :) Let's just say that sewing late at night tends to bring out the worst rather than the best in a person!! Thanks, Grandma Jolly for being such a great hostess! BTW, the dress is deep purple (eggplant) and the jacket is silver. Very pretty. (Oh yes, and the shoes are silver satin.)

3 comments:

  1. ...and "sew" fun! (Sorry... couldn't resist!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds like a ton of fun! Glad you where able to go and have a great time. I'm sure you deserved it! by the way, nice looking machine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda ~ good to hear from you! Hope all is going well for you in the great state of PA!

    Charity ~ loved the "sew" cool button you gave me in facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete